Palliative and end of life care
This course introduces you to the philosophy and principles of Palliative & End of Life Care, assessment and symptom management.
Itis intended to make palliative & end-of-life care real, meaningful and accessible for all healthcare staff. The course is suitable for nurses (community, hospital, nursing home, hospice), health and social care practitioners, allied health professionals, paramedics and doctors.
You will gain greater knowledge, confidence and competence in assessing the palliative & end-of-life care needs of patients and their families. Different disease groups will be analysed and the trajectory of dying assessed, observing for similarities and differences, seeing how these might be managed. You will acquire how to manage symptoms and address concerns arising across the four domains of holistic care - (physical, psychological, spiritual and social). Ethical and legal aspects of care will also be taken into consideration.
- Understanding End of Life Care
- Understanding Palliative care
- Effective communication and person-centred care
- Care plans and assessments for palliative & end of life care
- The role of the healthcare professional worker
- Final hours of care and the care of bereavement
Course Duration: 8 Hours
Course Price: £ 40.00
Available Spaces: 150