Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aidis a training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be facing mental health issue.
Mental Health First Aid won’t incline you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
This course qualifies your employees as Mental Health First Aiders, providing them:
An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing.
Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues.
Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the Mental Health First Aid action plan.
Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether through self-help resources, internal support such as EAP, or external sources such as their GP.
An understanding of how to keep themselves safe while performing duties.
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The mental health first aid action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression?
- Symptoms of depression
- Risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
Course Duration: 2 Days
Course Price: £ 80.00
Available Spaces: 150