Learning disability of awareness
The Learning Disability Awareness course focuses to build on your understanding of what it means to have a learning disability and your involvement in this area of work. The course will give lots of ideas about how you can help to support people with learning disabilities.
This course is suited for staff working in a variation of settings. It will be useful whether you are employed in a health or social care setting, a community or an educational setting or whether you work in a paid or voluntary role. The effect of learning disabilities throughout the lifespan is considered, however there is a specific emphasis on children, adolescents, and young adults.
- Learning disability (LD) overview
- Supporting people with LD
- Enabling effective communication
- The effects of LD on the person and their family
- Supporting people with LD -environment and behaviour
- Supporting people with LD - physical care
- Mental health care and empowering people with LD
Course Duration: 8 Hours
Course Price: £ 80.00
Available Spaces: 150