Dementia Awareness course, intended for healthcare professionals and those working with individuals with dementia, covers the symptoms and types of dementia, its treatment and medication, how to manage communication and care. It gives the health care professional the confidence to care for someone with the condition.
Dementia is a growing factor in society. There is currently no cure for dementia and symptoms can include memory loss, confusion, finding daily living activities a challenge, mood swings and communication difficulties.
- Understanding what is dementia
- Who is at risk of dementia?
- Types of dementia
- Symptoms of dementia to look out for
- Information on how dementia is diagnosed
- The impact of dementia to the individual and others such as family and society
- Actions that can be taken to reduce the risk of dementia or delay on set and why early diagnosis is important
Course Duration: 8 Hours
Course Price: £ 50.00
Available Spaces: 123